Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 9 and Working Hard!




Today we finally toured the upstairs of the curricular hallways!!  Was it as exciting as you thought?

We finished up our preview of Romeo and Juliet by reading a few pages.  Thanks for volunteering to read parts with me.  I introduced the Shakespeare Made Easy books and really recommend that you get one from your teacher or buy one of your own if you teacher uses a different version.  Having the modern language translations can be extremely helpful when trying to understand Shakespeare.

We also started talking about the novel, To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.  As we talked about the South, the Depression Era, and racial prejudice I thoroughly enjoyed your questions about my family history and the connections you were able to make to your own families.  We will continue to talk about this novel each day this week.

I'm so proud of all of you for working so hard on your paragraph and your goals for vocabulary and Khan Academy.  Keep it up - we only have 3 days left!!

We had a surprise visit from Assistant Principal Sherri Kulpa today and she asked you to rate your comfort/confidence level about coming to KHS in the fall from 1 to 10.  I would like you to document your response in your blog comment today.  Please give 2 scores, your rating before you took this class, and your rating now.

13 comments:

  1. i was a 3 but now i am a perfect 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upstairs was not exciting at all!!!

    Before-2

    After-7

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first day I came here, I was confident because I know i'm not going to let these high schoolers punk me. So I would rate my self a 9 and after the class I would rate my self a 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first started this class it was a 1 and now it is a full 10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my to scores for these class 4 to 8

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said that i was oozing with confidence and that i have always been confident of going to high school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. before i was a 5 and now i'm probably a 7 or 8.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't get a chance to see the upstairs so I wouldn't know.

    Before- 5

    Now- 8 or 9

    ReplyDelete